From humble beginnings as a railway siding known as Langevin to the “Star of the Prairies”, Alderson was set to be one of the most important population centres on the Canadian prairies. How did it all end up as an “Empire of Dust”? Come with us as we visit the remains of the ghost town of Alderson and explore a story of broken promises and shattered dreams.
- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- Alberta / Saskatchewan Ghost Town Trip - Day One
- Sunnyside Garden Centre: Only the Memories Remain
- A Short History of Mitford
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- Historic Calgary Week: Pine Creek Cemetery / De Winton
- Hiking Jewell Falls
- End of the Line for Calgary's Oldest Service Station
- Searching for the Lousana Grain Elevator
- Jumping Over to Jumping Pound Hall