Exploring history doesn’t always mean seeking out the biggest sites or the most famous objects. In this video, we go out seeking an abandoned picnic shelter hidden in the woods of Kananaskis. Steps from the highway but hidden from view and sitting alone for decades, a true relic from the early days of automobile travel in the area.
- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- Sunnyside Garden Centre: Only the Memories Remain
- The Grand Trunk Pacific Railway Bridge of St. Louis, Saskatchewan (1915)
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- Fish Creek Park's Barn Demolished
- Wild Horses of Sundre
- Following the Old Macleod Trail
- A Brief History of the Bluebird Motel in Claresholm, Alberta
- The East Coulee Bridge
- Crossing the Eleven Bridges to Visit the Ghost Town of Wayne, Alberta