Exploring history doesn’t always mean seeking out the biggest sites or the most famous objects. In this video, we go out seeking an abandoned picnic shelter hidden in the woods of Kananaskis. Steps from the highway but hidden from view and sitting alone for decades, a true relic from the early days of automobile travel in the area.
- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- A Brief History of the Bluebird Motel in Claresholm, Alberta
- Retrospective: West Hope School
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- Farewell to Sears
- Exploring East of Edmonton
- Walking in Waiparous
- Sunnyside Garden Centre: Only the Memories Remain
- A Quick Trip to Arrowwood
- Majorville Medicine Wheel