- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- A Brief History of the Bluebird Motel in Claresholm, Alberta
- Retrospective: West Hope School
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- Exploring East of Edmonton
- Walking in Waiparous
- Sunnyside Garden Centre: Only the Memories Remain
- Farewell to Sears
- Prelate Grain Elevator Destroyed by Fire
- A Quick Trip to Arrowwood
Monthly Archives: April 2019
Exploring history doesn’t always mean seeking out the biggest sites or the most famous objects. In this video, we go out seeking an abandoned picnic shelter hidden in the woods of Kananaskis. Steps from the highway but hidden from view … Continue reading
This weekend I learned about a place from Calgary’s past I had never heard of before — the Sunshine Auto Camp. Let’s dig a little into its history and see what we can learn about it.
With all three grain elevators in Milk River, Alberta currently undergoing demolition, it was time to get on the road and document these soon-to-be-gone giants of the skyline.