- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- Taking a Tour of Bella the Boler After a Summer of Use
- The Last Trip of 2017
- Exploring Skunk Hollow, Alberta
- Touring the Alsask Radar Dome
- Historic Calgary Week: Pine Creek Cemetery / De Winton
- Thirty Minutes on Calgary Transit
- You Can't Go Home Again...
- Fish Creek Park's Barn Demolished
- Wild Horses of Sundre
Tag Archives: abandoned
We caught word that there were two historic buildings in southern Alberta slated to be demolished in the very near future. We did what any normal people would do, we made plans to spend the day driving around to see … Continue reading
It’s a classic DanOCan road trip, with abandoned places, misadventures, Geocaching, and lots of dusty backroads.
It’s our first time venturing into the Cypress Hills and there is a lot to see. From the restored 1908 St. Margaret’s church to a “museum” of fire prevention, to the highest point of land in Canada between the Rocky … Continue reading
In what I expect to be a three-part series, we chronicle our journey with Bella the Boler to Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. Our ultimate goal is to attend the First Annual Swap Meet at the Sukanen Ship and Pioneer Village Museum. … Continue reading
Recently we had the chance to take a drive to the ghost town of Bents, Saskatchewan. Bents is home to a relatively famous and oft-photographed grain elevator which has really suffered a lot of damage over the last few years … Continue reading