- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- Historic Calgary Week: Pine Creek Cemetery / De Winton
- A Brief History of the Bluebird Motel in Claresholm, Alberta
- Clarendon Hotel in Gull Lake, SK Destroyed by Fire
- Sunnyside Garden Centre: Only the Memories Remain
- Following the Old Macleod Trail
- The Cooley Brothers of Chinook, Alberta
- Walking in Waiparous
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- We Knew Little of New Norway
- The Abandoned Cemetery of Wayne, Alberta
Monthly Archives: January 2020
Today we climb up inside the south tower of the Cathedral of Cologne and check out the bells and the view of the city far below.
Today’s exploration is in and around the town of Rudesheim am Rhein. The highlight here is a gondola ride up to the Niederwalddenkmal, a monument dedicated to the unification of the German people.
We just can’t get enough of the medieval towns and cities in Europe. While many of them have the same features such as city walls, towers, and cathedrals, each one brings its own uniqueness to the traveler. Today we’re checking … Continue reading
OK, so it might not be Christmas season right now, but you can relive the spirit of the season with the latest installment of our European trip video series. Today we find ourselves in Germany for the first time on … Continue reading
Our tour continues, this time with a focus on France, specifically the small medieval town of Riquewihr and the much larger city of Strasbourg.