- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- A Brief History of the Bluebird Motel in Claresholm, Alberta
- Retrospective: West Hope School
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- Farewell to Sears
- Exploring East of Edmonton
- Walking in Waiparous
- Sunnyside Garden Centre: Only the Memories Remain
- A Quick Trip to Arrowwood
- Majorville Medicine Wheel
Tag Archives: Kananaskis
I have now visited the Cameron Lookout three times, the first in August of 2006, the second in August of 2011, and now again in 2020. After each visit the physical pain dissipates and the memories of the scenery have … Continue reading
This weekend was all about camping and relaxation. We’re off to the Etherington Creek Provincial Recreation Area. Camping, hiking, relaxing, and expired Jiffy Pop — what could possibly go wrong?
This week we get out into Kananaskis and explore some trails around Sibbald Lake.
Exploring history doesn’t always mean seeking out the biggest sites or the most famous objects. In this video, we go out seeking an abandoned picnic shelter hidden in the woods of Kananaskis. Steps from the highway but hidden from view … Continue reading