From humble beginnings as a railway siding known as Langevin to the “Star of the Prairies”, Alderson was set to be one of the most important population centres on the Canadian prairies. How did it all end up as an “Empire of Dust”? Come with us as we visit the remains of the ghost town of Alderson and explore a story of broken promises and shattered dreams.
- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- Retrospective: West Hope School
- Sunnyside Garden Centre: Only the Memories Remain
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- Historic Calgary Week: Pine Creek Cemetery / De Winton
- We Knew Little of New Norway
- Exploring Skunk Hollow, Alberta
- A Brief History of the Bluebird Motel in Claresholm, Alberta
- Return to Nordegg
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- One-Room Schoolhouse Road Trip Flashback