From humble beginnings as a railway siding known as Langevin to the “Star of the Prairies”, Alderson was set to be one of the most important population centres on the Canadian prairies. How did it all end up as an “Empire of Dust”? Come with us as we visit the remains of the ghost town of Alderson and explore a story of broken promises and shattered dreams.
- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- Following the Old Macleod Trail
- Touring the Jumpingpound Demonstration Forest
- Exploring the Abandoned Readymade School
- A Brief History of the Bluebird Motel in Claresholm, Alberta
- Dorothy, Alberta
- Exploring Skunk Hollow, Alberta
- Pioneer Acres
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- Sunnyside Garden Centre: Only the Memories Remain
Nice job Dan.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Excellent – helpful presentation – first class – thank you! David J Carter