From humble beginnings as a railway siding known as Langevin to the “Star of the Prairies”, Alderson was set to be one of the most important population centres on the Canadian prairies. How did it all end up as an “Empire of Dust”? Come with us as we visit the remains of the ghost town of Alderson and explore a story of broken promises and shattered dreams.
- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- Sun Dek Motel in Medicine Hat, Alberta
- Historic Calgary Week: Pine Creek Cemetery / De Winton
- Alberta / Saskatchewan Ghost Town Trip - Day One
- Route 66: The Painted Desert Trading Post!
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- Aubrey Bendall Postcards
- Sunnyside Garden Centre: Only the Memories Remain
- Turner Valley and High River
- Simon's Valley and Big Hill Springs
- CAMT 2017: Bashaw Fire Hall Museum [and bonus Majestic Theatre]