- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- Sunnyside Garden Centre: Only the Memories Remain
- Following the Old Macleod Trail
- A Brief History of the Bluebird Motel in Claresholm, Alberta
- A Visit to Rowley - "Then and Now"
- Geocaching Souvenirs: Netherlands
- The Abandoned Cemetery of Wayne, Alberta
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- Revisiting Mortlach
- Johnston-Stevenson Stopping House
Tag Archives: prairie
A few weeks back I mentioned we visited Rowley with journalists Johnnie Bachusky and Vincent Bonnay. I occurred to me that I never shared Vincent’s final outcome of his web series on Alberta ghost towns. Here it is! “The hidden … Continue reading
Normally we gather every July to spend two days traveling around a section of Alberta as part of the “Ghost Town Convention”. The name is a bit of a misnomer as there are no real convention elements to it, it … Continue reading
If you make the trip between Calgary and Lethbridge on any sort of regular basis, you likely have your favorite places to stop along the way. Whether it’s the 7-Eleven in Claresholm (the classic one, not the new one on … Continue reading
From humble beginnings as a railway siding known as Langevin to the “Star of the Prairies”, Alderson was set to be one of the most important population centres on the Canadian prairies. How did it all end up as an … Continue reading
With all three grain elevators in Milk River, Alberta currently undergoing demolition, it was time to get on the road and document these soon-to-be-gone giants of the skyline.