- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- Sunnyside Garden Centre: Only the Memories Remain
- Walking in Waiparous
- Historic Calgary Week: Pine Creek Cemetery / De Winton
- A Brief History of the Bluebird Motel in Claresholm, Alberta
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- Exploring Skunk Hollow, Alberta
- Wild Horses of Sundre
- Annual Alberta Ghost Town Trip - Part One
- Touring the Alsask Radar Dome
- Route 66 - Springfield, MO to Tulsa, OK
Tag Archives: Alberta
Mabel the Dog and I take another road trip to the Alberta badlands, this time to the ghost town of Wayne, Alberta on Highway 10X.
An Alberta hotel that was built more than 100 years ago is no more following an early morning fire. Source: Historic southern Alberta hotel destroyed in early morning fire The Grange Hotel in Carmangary was built in 1909. We woke … Continue reading
“At the heart of this is whether subsequent generations have the interest and commitment to safeguard it’s future. Sadly this seems doubtful…” Continue reading
It’s no secret that Rowley is one of our favorite ghost towns…
This time I go on a little walk around the commercial district of Nanton to take a look at some of the historic buildings and review how they looked back in the day.