- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- I’ll Turn The Lights On
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- Historic Calgary Week: Pine Creek Cemetery / De Winton
- Wild Horses of Sundre
- Alberta Ghost Town Tour: Day One
- Route 66 Retrospective: Lessons Learned
- The Abandoned Cemetery of Wayne, Alberta
- A Brief History of the Bluebird Motel in Claresholm, Alberta
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- Retrospective: West Hope School
Tag Archives: Cold War
If you have ever driven Alberta Highway 9 / Saskacthewan Highway 7 between Calgary and Saskatoon, you likely have noticed the large white object which sits just north of the highway right on the border between the two provinces. If … Continue reading
First full day in Europe involved a tour of the city of Brno. Time to check out a castle and a nuclear bunker left over from the Cold War era.