- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- Sunnyside Garden Centre: Only the Memories Remain
- Following the Old Macleod Trail
- A Brief History of the Bluebird Motel in Claresholm, Alberta
- A Visit to Rowley - "Then and Now"
- Geocaching Souvenirs: Netherlands
- The Abandoned Cemetery of Wayne, Alberta
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- Revisiting Mortlach
- Johnston-Stevenson Stopping House
Tag Archives: fire
It’s a mystery that stretches from Coaldale to Toronto — maybe you can help solve the mystery of what became of Coaldale’s first fire truck?
An Alberta hotel that was built more than 100 years ago is no more following an early morning fire. Source: Historic southern Alberta hotel destroyed in early morning fire The Grange Hotel in Carmangary was built in 1909. We woke … Continue reading
I don’t know what’s more frustrating, the loss of another great old structure or the lack of concern so many show for our historic sites Continue reading
It’s becoming a ritual that is all too common lately. This time the news comes from tiny Keeler, Saskatchewan where the old hotel was lost to fire on July 4, 2017. My personal history with Keeler is a pretty … Continue reading