- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- Taking a Tour of Bella the Boler After a Summer of Use
- The Last Trip of 2017
- Exploring Skunk Hollow, Alberta
- Touring the Alsask Radar Dome
- Historic Calgary Week: Pine Creek Cemetery / De Winton
- Thirty Minutes on Calgary Transit
- You Can't Go Home Again...
- Fish Creek Park's Barn Demolished
- Wild Horses of Sundre
Tag Archives: demolition
With all three grain elevators in Milk River, Alberta currently undergoing demolition, it was time to get on the road and document these soon-to-be-gone giants of the skyline.
All too often on these pages we document the loss of historic structures, and this one is relatively new compared to many that we have lost over the years. The Glacier Park Lodge is located on the TransCanada Highway in … Continue reading
Willans Barn at Fish Creek Park – December 2008 “Are you kidding me?” That was all I could mutter to myself as I stood in the kitchen staring at the Twitter feed on my smartphone. The classic old barn … Continue reading
“You know the place, even if you never actually purchased fuel from its two outdated pumps, or bought coffee or lottery tickets over the counter inside.” — Michael Platt, Calgary Sun It is a story we see play out again … Continue reading