- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- Taking a Tour of Bella the Boler After a Summer of Use
- The Last Trip of 2017
- Exploring Skunk Hollow, Alberta
- Touring the Alsask Radar Dome
- Historic Calgary Week: Pine Creek Cemetery / De Winton
- Thirty Minutes on Calgary Transit
- You Can't Go Home Again...
- Fish Creek Park's Barn Demolished
- Wild Horses of Sundre
Tag Archives: Dorothy
According to research done by our late friend Jim Pearson, there are five Alberta Pacific Grain elevators remaining in the province of Alberta. The company itself disappeared (was bought out) in 1967 so it isn’t surprising there aren’t many examples … Continue reading
While today’s video focuses on both the abandoned grain elevator at Dorothy, the main focus of this write-up is in reagrds to the former railroad bridge at nearby East Coulee. First, allow me to say a few words on the … Continue reading
Latest video is up, this time a retrospective on the ghost town of Dorothy.
We’re not sure what to call it. Alberta GTC (Ghost Town Convention), Mini GTC, Abandoned Weekend. Let’s be honest, whatever you call it doesn’t matter because to those who “get it” no name is required. For those who don’t “get … Continue reading