- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- Sunnyside Garden Centre: Only the Memories Remain
- Following the Old Macleod Trail
- A Brief History of the Bluebird Motel in Claresholm, Alberta
- A Visit to Rowley - "Then and Now"
- Geocaching Souvenirs: Netherlands
- The Abandoned Cemetery of Wayne, Alberta
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- Revisiting Mortlach
- Johnston-Stevenson Stopping House
Tag Archives: ghost towns
If you have followed the blog and our adventures for any length of time, you undoubtedly are aware we love to make an annual trip with friends to explore the small towns and abandoned places around Alberta and/or Saskatchewan. There … Continue reading
Mabel the Dog and I take another road trip to the Alberta badlands, this time to the ghost town of Wayne, Alberta on Highway 10X.
It’s no secret that Rowley is one of our favorite ghost towns…
It took me some time to get around to editing and posting the second half of the 2020 Alberta Ghost Town Tour, but here it is. Now, let me head off a minor controversy which reared its head in the … Continue reading
A few weeks back I mentioned we visited Rowley with journalists Johnnie Bachusky and Vincent Bonnay. I occurred to me that I never shared Vincent’s final outcome of his web series on Alberta ghost towns. Here it is! “The hidden … Continue reading