- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- Sunnyside Garden Centre: Only the Memories Remain
- A Brief History of the Bluebird Motel in Claresholm, Alberta
- The Abandoned Cemetery of Wayne, Alberta
- Geocaching Souvenirs: Netherlands
- A Visit to Rowley - "Then and Now"
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- Big Valley, Alberta
- Exploring Skunk Hollow, Alberta
- Stavely, Alberta
Tag Archives: school
“At the heart of this is whether subsequent generations have the interest and commitment to safeguard it’s future. Sadly this seems doubtful…” Continue reading
Normally we gather every July to spend two days traveling around a section of Alberta as part of the “Ghost Town Convention”. The name is a bit of a misnomer as there are no real convention elements to it, it … Continue reading
Another flashback in our “Self Isolation Series”, this time back to 2012 and a visit to Readymade School which was demolished shortly thereafter.
Sometimes you stumble across something that can only be described as a “happy accident”. Tonight I found myself doing some research on the ghost town of Alderson. Alderson is a place I have visited multiple times and I was trying … Continue reading