- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- Historic Calgary Week: Pine Creek Cemetery / De Winton
- Farewell Hodgeville Elevator
- Following the Old Macleod Trail
- The Abandoned Cemetery of Wayne, Alberta
- Grain Elevators of Milk River
- A Visit to Rowley - "Then and Now"
- Majorville Medicine Wheel
- Wild Horses of Sundre
- The Recipe for DanOCan Buffalo Wings
Category Archives: History
Another flashback in our “Self Isolation Series”, this time back to 2012 and a visit to Readymade School which was demolished shortly thereafter.
Latest video is up, this time a retrospective on the ghost town of Dorothy.
“It’s not the destination, it is the journey.” “Getting there is half the fun.” Often in our rush to get from where we are to where we want to be, we forget these old cliches. Everything about modern transportation is … Continue reading
This is the conclusion of our Europe adventure series. We end with a two-for-one video posting. In the first one, we take the rental car and try and visit as many medieval castles in Luxembourg as we can in one … Continue reading
If you travel Highway 2 between Calgary and Lethbridge, you undoubtedly have seen the Bluebird Motel. It is on the north end of Claresholm on the west side of the highway. The sign proudly proclaims “Old Fashioned Hospitality since 1947”. … Continue reading