- Follow DanOCan on WordPress.com
Other Places to Follow Along
Most Popular Posts
- The Abandoned Cameron Fire Lookout on Mount Burke
- Sunnyside Garden Centre: Only the Memories Remain
- Following the Old Macleod Trail
- A Brief History of the Bluebird Motel in Claresholm, Alberta
- A Visit to Rowley - "Then and Now"
- Geocaching Souvenirs: Netherlands
- The Abandoned Cemetery of Wayne, Alberta
- End of the Line for Historic West Hope School?
- Revisiting Mortlach
- Johnston-Stevenson Stopping House
Category Archives: History
Mabel the Dog and I take another road trip to the Alberta badlands, this time to the ghost town of Wayne, Alberta on Highway 10X.
An Alberta hotel that was built more than 100 years ago is no more following an early morning fire. Source: Historic southern Alberta hotel destroyed in early morning fire The Grange Hotel in Carmangary was built in 1909. We woke … Continue reading
St. Louis, Saskatchewan is home to the impressive Grand Trunk Pacific Railway Bridge, which was built in 1915. In 1928 two roadbeds were added to the outside of the bridge for automobile traffic, which at the time made it the … Continue reading
“At the heart of this is whether subsequent generations have the interest and commitment to safeguard it’s future. Sadly this seems doubtful…” Continue reading
It’s no secret that Rowley is one of our favorite ghost towns…